LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS
- I wrote about Paul Mpagi Sepuya's enthralling exhibition at Document. See it through May 26th, but in the meantime, read my write-up at Newcity.
- Faheem Majeed shows new work at the Cleve Carney gallery at the College of DuPage through April 7th. If you can't make it to the suburbs to view the work in person, read more about the exhibition and the work in the catalogue essay.
- Edra Soto's interactive exhibition at the MCA is amazing. She is the first artist invited to activate the newly designed "commons" space. I wrote about the show and the concept of museum as public space. Read more.
- After lots of back and forth and scheduling magic, Nate Young and I had a walk through and conversation about his second solo exhibition at Monique Meloche. Read it over on Sixty.
- I'm very happy to be going back to NYC for another Review Panel, presented by Artcritical and the Brooklyn Public Library. If you're around, please join us for what promises to be an engaging conversation. (And it was lively and engaging. Audio is now available. Take a listen.)
- Iraqi-American conceptual artist, Michael Rakowitz has his first mid-career survey exhibition. If you are in Chicago, it is a must-see.
- I was fortunate to participate in this great conversation for Lumpen Radio. Listen to the audio of "Magical Modernity"on Divisive. Thanks again to Leah Gipson and Craig Harshaw for the invitation!
- It's fall, which means it's officially art season. If you didn't make it to EXPO, don't worry; I got you.
- Jennifer Packer's debut solo exhibition opens at the Renaissance Society in September. I was happy to be invited to her studio and chat about the work and her practice.
- I contributed an essay for an exhibition of new and recent work by the wonderful Krista Franklin and Ayanah Moor at Produce Model. It's open until November 4.
- The New York-based multimedia artist Derrick Adams is someone whose work I've admired for awhile. I was excited to finally have an occasion to speak to him about his work and practice.